Saturday 16 April 2011

Anti-religious - moi?

Just for a change I am feeling a little anti-religious.  Today I'll just use a few quotations from people much more eloquent than me.

"Better the hard truth, I say, than the comforting fantasy. And in the final tolling it often turns out that the facts are more comforting than the fantasy."  Carl Sagan

"Comparing theology to science is a bit unfair.  Its like asking theologians to bring knives to a gun fight".  Anthony Pinn.
(Pinn's name was a link to a nice Youtube video - I loved the comment 3:00 minutes into the video about RD's tee shirt which declares We Are All Africans and the comment "That's easy for you to say!  You were born in Kenya".  Watch it for context!)

"Science has contributed a lot in the last hundred years and theology has contributed precisely zero".  Richard Dawkins in the same discussion.

And finally, "Philosophy is questions that may never be answered.  Religion is answers that my never be questioned."  Anon

No comments: