Tuesday 25 December 2012

Methodist Christmas!

Methodists are famous for disapproving - particularly of alcohol and games of chance.  So that makes it all the more amusing to find this large die on the table.  Apparently is is OK to play games of chance if the end result is to choose which version of grace to say before a meal.  (None of the sides are blank.  As usual things are stacked against non-believers!)

Methodist games of chance, for Christmas
Methodist games of chance, for Christmas

I tolerate this just as I tolerate all the other convenient compromises in Christianity.  It is best to be tolerant, otherwise I might not get anything to eat this Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all my readers, but only in a secular way!

Small note: I might smuggle a drop of Irish whiskey in for the evening!

No comments: